Looking for things to do in Arlington TX? We’re all for you treating yourself and having a good time. But consider our suggestions that can all be had with the change you’ll find in your car ashtray and couch cushions.
To save you a few dollars, here are 10 fun and cheap things to do in Arlington TX for less than $10.
1. Give Netflix a timeout and get cultured by heading to Arlington Museum of Art. For no more than $8, you can catch their latest exhibitions that usually have garnered national recognition. Visit their website to get an idea of what’s on display and what’s coming soon. 201 West Main Street
2. Sweat for less — for free, actually — with The Runners of Arlington running crew. On Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6:30 p.m., a dedicated group meets for friendly runs from 2 – 8 miles around town. Join them for a run and we’re sure you’ll have fun and make a few new friends. 3535 West Pioneer Parkway
3. 91.3% of Americans love to bowl. Ok, we kinda made that statistic up but we’re confident lots of you do love bowling. But did you know that Arlington is home to the International Bowling Museum & Hall of Fame? Tour the 18,000-square-foot facility loaded with fascinating history and tons of fun for only $9.50. 621 Six Flags Drive
4. All dates don’t have to happen across from each other at a restaurant. Catch some live tunes under the stars at Levitt Pavilion for free during the summer and fall music series. 210 W. Abram
5. There’s no reason to break the bank to catch a flick when Movie Tavern has matinees for only $7 — which means you can have money left for a tub of delicious popcorn. 5727 Interstate 20 W
6. Get in touch with nature by visiting River Legacy Living Science Center. The free center houses environmental education programs for kids and adults. They offer a full calendar of public programs and events to wet your nature beak. 703 NW Green Oaks Boulevard
7. The University of Texas at Arlington gives us so many things to do in Arlington. One benefit residents have is access to the UTA Planetarium. A number of shows are held each week for the astronomy fans around town. The theatre can accommodate nearly 150 people. Prices are $4 for ages 3-18 and ages 65+, $6 for ages 18 +. Kids ages $3 and under are free. UTA staff, alumni and students receive discounted prices. 700 Planetarium Place
8. When you are looking for things to do in Arlington, movies are a popular choice! In addition to catching cheap movies at Cinemark Tinseltown 9, Studio Movie Grill in the Arlington Highlands and Lincoln Square show older movies at discounted prices. The theater has a variety of film series (date night, toons for kids, girls night out) throughout the year that cost $3. 225 Merchants Row & 452 Lincoln Square
9. Kids and kids at heard love miniature golf. A list about cheap and fun things to do in Arlington TX would be incomplete without Putt Putt Fun Center. 18 holes of fun costs $7.99 +tax for adults, ages 6-12 cost $5.99 +tax. Kids ages 5 and under are $2 or free with an adult purchase. 2004 W Pleasant Ridge Rd
10. Although not available throughout the entire year, how about catching a Texas Rangers game? Thinking a baseball game can’t be attended for $10 or less? Think again. The Rangers often have special promotions that you should be aware of for some games at Globe Life Park. For example, fan appreciation day offers tickets in Lexus Club Terrace and Upper Level seating areas for $10 (special codes and requirements often apply). 1000 Ballpark Way
Do you have any questions about things to do in Arlington TX? Contact us by clicking here and we’d be happy to help.