Isn’t October a great month?
We have professional football, hockey, basketball, and baseball in play during the month. The weather begins to cool down which is a great thing. Additionally, several fun family-friendly fall traditions around town are happening.
Since you are an awesome Arlington Texas Today reader, you know that there are plenty of fun things for your kids to do right now. We’ve provided details on local fall festivals and pumpkin patches happening throughout the month.
In addition to those cool activities, trunk-or-treat events in Arlington are popular. A trunk-or-treat is a Halloween event that is often church or community sponsored. Typically, people gather and park their cars in a large parking lot. They open their trunks, or the backs of their vehicles, and decorate them. Then, they pass out candy from their trunks to kids. The goal is to provide an alternative to traditional trick-or-treating.
Are you interested in taking your family to a trunk-or-treat? Here are several organizations hosting trunk-or-treat events in Arlington.
Trunk-Or-Treat Events in Arlington
Friday, October 27
St. Barnabas United Methodist Church: 5011 W Pleasant Ridge Rd; 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, October 28
- All Saints Lutheran Church: 4325 SW Green Oaks Blvd; 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Advent Lutheran Church: 3232 S Cooper Street; 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Cooper Street YMCA Family Center: 7120 S. Cooper Street; 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. (a part of Halloween at the Y event)
Sunday, October 29
- New World United Methodist Church: 2201 N. Davis Drive; 4 p.m.
- Northwest Christian Church: 1001 N. Davis Drive; 4 – 6 p.m.
- North Davis Church of Christ: 1601 N Davis Dr; 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
Tuesday, October 31
- Arlington Police Department: 1030 SW Green Oaks Blvd; 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Grace Community Church: 801 W. Bardin Road; 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Park Springs Baptist Church: 5515 Park Springs Blvd;6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Tate Springs Baptist Church: 4201 Little Road; 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- St John the Apostle United Methodist Church: 5450 Mansfield Rd; 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- First Church of the Nazarene: 1301 W Green Oaks Blvd; 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- South Oaks Baptist Church: 5925 US Hwy 287; 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Have fun and be sure to let us know if we missed any trunk-or-treat events in Arlington by clicking here. We’ll add it to the list.